Friday, November 19, 2010

Operation: One Obstacle

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. - John 10:10

After my previous post about Operation: One, the dam broke. In fact, my mom text messaged me one word: KABOOM. Evidently when I asked Hope if she wanted help cleaning her house, she was obviously hurt, defensive and angry at me and told her husband (I'll call him Silas). Silas called me last night and told me that my parents and I are not to have any contact with him, Hope or their children. We are all "toxic" and disrespectful and he does not want his family to be subject to us. Now, Silas is dealing with demons of his own and has finally come to the realization that his drinking and drug use has attributed to most (if not all) of the damage done to Hope and the children -- which is why the domestic violence probably went on in the first place.

We are not to have any contact with Silas or his family for 2 months. In those 2 months, we are to seek individual counseling for the issues that are making us "toxic" and then we will regroup to see if we can work through everything. At that time, Silas will determine if we are no longer "toxic" for his family and if we can see the children. Silas and Hope are also seeking individual counseling for their own issues.

Satan really does seek to destroy. When I had it in my head (and heart) to dedicate the next year to this family, he made sure it wouldn't happen. He is so obvious, it makes me sick. What he fails to realize is that nothing -- not even he -- can separate me from God and interventional prayer.

For now, I will be seeking counseling for the minor issues I have related to my father. But, other than that, I consider myself a whole, healthy individual, who is far from toxic. But, that's for Silas to decide. And after the 2 months, if the decision is made for complete banishment, it will hurt yes, but "everything works for the good of those who love the Lord."

We must go through the fires to be refined. Thank you God for loving me so much you never give up on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment